Almanac is seeking a designer to join our growing team!
At Almanac, we work with purpose-driven brands, helping them move the needle on causes that make our world a better place. We work on complex projects and design challenges that require multifaceted solutions. If you’re looking for a job where you can influence people and create engagement that makes a measurable difference, then let’s chat. Check out the details below and get in touch. We’d love to meet you!
Projects include working with a team of designers, developers, writers, account managers and strategists on the research and development of brand identities, websites, integrated digital marketing work, communication campaigns and print collateral design for a range of clients, always ones we believe in. You’ll be designing for print and digital from concept through implementation. Being self-motivated, easy to work with and knowing how to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, deadline-driven environment probably go without saying.
A few other things:
- You have 3-5 years of agency experience.
- You have a smart portfolio.
- You have strong print and digital capabilities.
- You are interested in uncovering Big Idea(s) and expressing them through thoughtful brand concepts and identity systems
- You like to contribute ideas and work as part of a highly collaborative team, but are able to handle projects on your own from start to finish.
- You are excited by digital and interested in designing for a multitude of devices and platforms. You will be involved in all phases of the project—concept, development of site architecture, design—including working closely with our development team.
- You understand the tools—Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Sketch, etc.
- You are interested in industry trends.
- You value experimentation and always seek out a new/different take on a problem.
- You value strategy as much as design execution.
- You are highly empathetic.
- You are persistent.
- You are not an order-taker.
- Full-time salary
- Paid vacation and benefits package
- Good times with good people!
- Opportunity to do meaningful work for purpose-driven brands
- Opportunities for growth
If you’re doing great work, we’d love to meet you. E-mail your resume (or link to your Linkedin profile) and a link to your site/samples of your work to: email@example.com (please, no phone calls).
Almanac core values:
We get to the heart. We dig deep, peel back the layers, ask great questions. We show up fully, get to the clients’ heart and the heart of the story/purpose. We give it everything we’ve got.
We move. We work with purpose-driven organizations who have courage and want to do what it takes to move the needle. We’re interested in building movements that improve our world. We care. We grow.
We have magic. No, not like ninjas. But we are trying to build something different at Almanac. We trust our guts. We draw people out. Our work creates connection and understanding.
What We Believe:
We don’t stop at easy. We’ll start anywhere and follow it everywhere. We’re curious as hell. We embrace complexity.
We’re in this together. We have each other’s backs. We show up. We listen. We share. We’re all learning, all the time.
We own it. We don’t make excuses. We have no ego. We believe in what we do and we do what’s right.
We go boldly. We try new things. We get out in front. We ignore obstacles and find a path. We don’t conform—we’ll do it this new way, our way, even if it kills us. We value our independence. We are fun!